Pages

Friday 24 April 2020

Science - Vinegar & Baking Soda / Powder Experiment


  • My sister and I both did this experiment because her class was doing the same one.
  • We did this experiment to find out if there is a chemical reaction in the mixture of vinegar and baking soda / powder.
  •  We poured one cup of vinegar into our plastic bottle.
  • We after that, we added one teaspoon baking soda into the balloon
  • After, I stuck the balloon over the top of the bottle.
  • And then I held up the balloon and I watch the baking soda pour into the vinegar and it started to fizz.
I did a double experiment with my little sister because her class was doing the same activity as my class. The first time, using baking soda it worked and the balloon inflated. The second time, using baking powder, it did work but not as good as good as the mixture with baking soda. The baking soda worked better than the baking powder. The first two times we used white vinegar and then dad used malt vinegar and baking soda to see what happens, and it work just as good as the first try. I found this fun.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Zavier, very cool experiment and neat that you could do it with your sister.
    What is the gas called that is released when the reaction occurs?

    ReplyDelete